tirsdag 6. mars 2012

Oslo

3. March I went through Oslo yet another time. Started out really boring, with almost nothing at Vaterland. I at least hoped that some Lesser Black-backed had come in, but I couldn't find any (most probably at least one ore two sat in Bjørvika, but I was more interested in Common Gulls today). The closest I came to a LBBG was this one:
Dark Herring
Sent it to Inge Flesjå just to listen to what he meant. He means that it is a Herring, something I totally agrees with. Even with a very dark upper wing, without a lot of finished moulting, I think we should have seen a much lighter breast without dark whatsoever. Of course the jizz revels a lot as well.

After a short time I arrived Majorstuen, in hope to see a lot of Common. There was about 200 Common and Herrings in the air when I stepped out of the Tube. It promised well. Still almost all the gulls disappeared, most likely onto the roofs of the buildings all over the area. Still I managed to read one metal Herring and one colorringed Common. 
4230528 ringed as pullus at Bleikøykalven in 2009
And who has put the ring upside-down?! It wasn't me this time ;)
J27L ringed as 1cy in Frognerparken,
 nice set of totally white axillaries

With not a lot of Common or others interested in  at Majorstuen, I walked down to Frognerparken, where there was a lot of gull, bout Herring, Common, and some new for the spring, Black-headed Gull.
JHV8 was in Stavanger 8 days ago,
and was ringed in 1997 as 1cy
JHV8 in flight
 There were a lot of gulls in Frognerparken this day, and even more people. I often have to shoot between people because I couldn't find any spots to stand... Still I managed to get some distance photos of JZE9 ringed in Stavanger one year ago, but seen in Frognerparken only five days before I saw it.
JZE9

 At last. I don't know why the Mallard was in flight, but it made the opportunity to take some comparison photos between a female Mallard and a female Teal. Also straight up was the only place there wasn't anyone in the way of the camera lens...
I never realised that Teals has two-colored underwing!
This makes it a lot easier to confirm ID,
 when unsure on single individuals

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar